MedEngine is a digitally minded, people first, premium partner for the pharmaceutical industry. We are committed to accelerate the future of care by crafting elegant solutions in scientific content and digital engagement, medical data science, and market access.
To succeed in our mission, we have created a home for smart, creative, and business oriented scientists: a group of experts with the motivation and skills necessary to deliver the cutting-edge solutions and outstanding service quality MedEngine is known for. We are based in Helsinki (Finland), Copenhagen (Denmark), and Stockholm (Sweden) and we service the pharma industry’s leading companies with a global reach.
We are now searching for Junior Data Scientists to join our team in Helsinki.
As a Junior Data Scientist, you will work closely with our Lead Data Scientist. You will have a central role in managing Real-World Data sets. Your tasks include for example cleaning errors and deriving variables for the analysis part. Based on your experience, you also participate in conducting various types of data-analyses, and in illustrating results in an informative way. You will also take part in developing our data analysis processes and designing, executing, reporting, and publishing our research projects in close collaboration with our scientific project managers and consultants. The independency of the role and the areas of responsibility develop with experience and success.
What we expect:
- An academic degree in statistics, mathematics, or epidemiology
- Strong knowledge in R programming
- Excellent IT-skills
- Full proficiency in Finnish and English
- A passion for excellence and desire to work in a fast paced, goal-oriented environment
- Interest in research that utilizes national registry data, electronic health record data, or other similar large-scale datasets
Most importantly, we are looking for a person who is reliable, resourceful, and motivated by continuous development. You need to have an attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and a passion for delivering world-class client experience. You inspire your colleagues and clients alike with your open and kind personality, and ability to make things happen.
In addition, previous experience in any of the following fields will be considered beneficial:
- Work experience in research that utilizes national registry data, electronic health record data, or other similar large-scale datasets
- Knowledge of survival analysis, causal analysis and/or machine learning methods
What you can expect:
- Meaningful and versatile project work tailored to your strengths
- An excellent opportunity to acquire knowledge about Real-World Data across the Nordic countries
- Opportunities for continuous mentoring and long-term professional development
- Invigorating colleagues working across the Nordic countries
- Flexible hybrid work model and gorgeous offices in the hearts of Helsinki and Copenhagen
- A possibility to have a key role in MedEngine’s growth story
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter, CV, and a video introduction. Please apply via the following link by November 27th, 2022. We will start meeting candidates already during the application period.
If you have questions about the position or application process please contact People & Culture Lead Disa Långström (email@example.com).
Please apply via the following link by November 27th, 2022.