MedEngine is a digitally minded, people-first, premium partner for the pharmaceutical industry. We are committed to accelerate the future of care by crafting elegant solutions in scientific content and digital engagement, medical data science, and market access.
To succeed in our mission, we have created a home for smart, creative, and business-oriented scientists: a group of experts with the motivation and skills necessary to deliver cutting-edge solutions and outstanding service quality MedEngine is known for. We are based in Helsinki (Finland), Copenhagen (Denmark), and Stockholm (Sweden) and we service the pharma industry’s leading companies with a global reach.
We are now searching for a Data Scientist to join our team in Helsinki.
As a Data Scientist, you are responsible for the data analysis in our Medical Data Science or Market Access projects and for developing our data analysis processes. You will also take part in designing, executing, reporting, and publishing our research projects in close collaboration with our scientific project managers and consultants. The independence of the role and the areas of responsibility develop with experience and success.
What we expect:
- An academic degree in statistics, mathematics, or epidemiology
- Previous experience in working as a statistician or data scientist at a university, a pharmaceutical company, or research organization
- Strong knowledge in R programming
- Excellent IT-skills
- Full proficiency in Finnish and English.
- A passion for excellence and a desire to work in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment.
- Insights into research that utilizes national registry data, electronic health record data, or other similar large-scale datasets.
Most importantly, we are looking for a person who is reliable, resourceful, and motivated by continuous development. You need to have attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and a passion for delivering world-class client experience. You inspire your colleagues and clients alike with your boundless optimism, open and kind personality, and ability to make things happen.
In addition, previous experience in any of the following fields will be considered beneficial:
- Work experience in research that utilizes national registry data, electronic health record data, or other similar large-scale datasets.
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence and machine learning methods.
What you can expect:
- Meaningful and versatile project work tailored to your strengths.
- An independent specialist role with opportunities for continuous mentoring and long-term professional development.
- Invigorating colleagues working across the Nordic countries.
- Flexible hybrid work model and gorgeous offices in the hearts of Helsinki and Copenhagen.
- A possibility to have a key role in MedEngine’s growth story.
For more information about the position please contact CEO Tero Ylisaukko-oja on Tuesday, October 17th at 2 pm (EEST) or Wednesday, October 25th at 3 pm (EEST), nr. +358 40 901 2975
If you have questions about the application process please contact People & Culture Lead Disa Långström (email@example.com).
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter, CV, and a video introduction. Please apply via the following link by October 29th, 2023.